The 2015 Maxi-Cosi Mico AP is an updated version of previous models (Mico AP and Mico NXT ) from Maxi-Cosi which is the lightest(only 8.6 pounds) one available today. This makes it stand out among the rest in its category but also limits its maximum weight capacity to 22 pounds and max. height limit to 29 inches. So it is only suitable for babies who are newly born up to the age of twelve months and great for premature babies.
|Model||Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (2015)|
|Minimum Weight Limit||5 pounds|
|Maximum Weight Limit||22 pounds|
|Height Limit||29 Inches|
|Harness Type||5-point harness|
- It has an air protect superior side impact protection. This helps to protect the baby’s head as it should.
- Its padded, easily adjustable harness five point cover harness ensures that the baby is secure during travel.
- Stay-in-car adjustable base.
- It has an easily removable fabric that makes it easier to clean.
- It has a self-wicking fabric that is deodorized and absorbs all liquids thus making the baby comfortable and dry as well.
- The flip-out visor that offers extra protection when needed.
- Cozi-dozi infant support system for smaller babies.
- Its light weight makes it easier to transfer the carrier from the car to the base.
easily removable fabric makes it easier to clean and maintain.
- It has level indicators that make installation quite easy. This is very important especially for first-time parents who have no experience at all.
- It meets the federal crash safety requirements. This means you can be assured your baby is very safe during car rides.
- The fabrics are machine washable and also dryer safe. This makes it less time consuming especially if it was to be hand washed.
- It has a low carrying weight limit. Since it can only support a maximum weight of 22 pounds, this means that one has to buy another one once their baby exceeds the maximum weight (approximately one-year-old). This might be quite sooner than you think.
- Some parents find the Mico AP’s canopy both small and weak when they move it.